Monday, August 11, 2008

Waiting

What is it about waiting? Waiting for a call. Waiting for a check in the mail. Waiting for a friend to come by. Waiting for a job. Waiting, waiting, waiting. How do you know when to wait and when to push ahead?

I've been told that God gives three (3) answers to our prayers: "Yes" "No" and "Wait." Sometimes, though, he doesn't seem to be saying anything at all, not even "wait."

I don't do waiting very well. I get "antsy", anxious, a little afraid....

No matter what I am waiting on, I just don't do waiting very well. I guess that's why its one of those continuing lessons God teaches me over and over. I wish I could learn the art of waiting. I wish I knew the secret, the trick, to waiting patiently and calmly.

How do you wait patiently? How do you wait calmly? How long do you wait?

When do you stop waiting and start doing something again? When do you go a different direction? When do you decide you've been on the wrong path? How do you wait graciously?

I guess I will have to wait on the answer as well.

Sincerely,
Still Waiting

No comments: