Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Screaming World and A Prayer for You, Whoever You Are

Wow! Thank you God, that I turned to you, out of desperation, guilt and shame, when I did. The world has become so complicated now, that even someone searching for forgiveness, truth, peace and a God who loves them, can be misled by the many voices screaming "We have the way!"

God doesn't scream. God whispers. God loves. God gives second chances, over and over again. God lets you start over every morning with a clean slate, and whispers in your ear, "I love you."

I pray for all those who are searching and those who are not because they do not know they need truth: that you will hear the whisper of God, and that you will pay attention and listen closely, despite the screaming world. I pray for second chances and for those who want to know the truth, not just what "feels good" and is right in men and women's eyes. I pray for all those who have wandered down the wrong path, listened to the wrong voice, blocked out understanding in favor of denial and the blanket of numbness that it brings, or rejected truth, as painful as it can be at times. I pray that you would pray for truth, because truth is what sets you free.


"You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free!" Jesus, The Bible, John 8:32

No comments: